This recipe from the American Heart Association has 443 calories, 68 mg of sodium and costs just $1.88 per serving!
Serving size: 1 1/4 cups
- 2 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups rolled oats (not instant or quick-cooking)
- 2 bananas, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped, unsalted pecans or walnuts
- In a large, resealable container or bowl, add milk, honey, and extract.
- Stir to combine while adding the oats.
- Seal or cover; place in the refrigerator and let it sit overnight.
- The next day, peel each banana. Halve each one lengthwise and slice. Divide sliced bananas and nuts over each oatmeal portion.