This recipe serves six people, has 184 calories and costs just $0.42 a serving! Thank you to the American Heart Association for this recipe.
- 4 Tbsp safflower oil, divided
- ¾ C popcorn kernels
- 1 ½ Tbsp dried chives
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley
- 1 Tspn dried dill
- ½ Tspn garlic powder
- ¼ Tspn salt
- ¼ Tsp pepper
- In heavy-duty, large pot – warm 1 tablespoon oil and a few popcorn kernels over high heat. Wait several minutes until these kernels have popped to show that the oil is at the correct temperature.
- As quickly as possible, add in remaining popcorn kernels and cover with a lid. Reduce heat to medium-high.
- Using potholders – shake the pot constantly as kernels pop, cooking until the popping slows down – about 3-4 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat, but keep the lid on. Some kernels may continue to pop.
- In a small bowl, mix together remaining oil and seasonings.
- Transfer popcorn carefully into a large bowl and drizzle with the herbed oil, tossing as you add the mix so that all the popcorn is coated. Enjoy!