Superfoods abound in this tasty Raw Kale, Grapefruit, and Toasted Hazelnut Salad. Kale contains vitamins K, A, and C, and grapefruit helps speed weight loss by curbing hunger and lowers cholesterol. This salad takes about 15 minutes to prepare and makes 4 servings (serving size: 1 ¾ cups salad).
• 2 pink grapefruit
• 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced, divided
• 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
• 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
• 8 ounces lacinato kale, very thinly sliced, or baby kale leaves
• 1 ounce toasted hazelnuts, chopped (1/3 cup)
1. Peel and segment grapefruit; reserve 3 TBSP juice in a large bowl. Mince 2 rings onion. Add to grapefruit juice, with lemon juice, yogurt, oil, salt, and pepper. Whisk until well mixed.
2. Toss in kale. Top with remaining onion, grapefruit, and hazelnuts.