This recipe from the American Heart Association serves four people and has 288 calories per serving!
Serving size: 2 tacos
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium mixed-vegetable juice
- 3 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 4 ounces each), all visible fat discarded, halved lengthwise
- 8 6-inch yellow corn tortillas
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 medium avocado, diced
- 3 ounces white cheese, such as queso fresco, crumbled
- In a medium nonstick skillet, stir together the juice, garlic, turmeric, salt, and pepper. Add the chicken.
- Cook over medium-high heat for 2 minutes, or until the juice comes to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, turning over once halfway through.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Let the chicken and juice sit for about 2 minutes, or until the chicken is cool enough to handle.
- Transfer the chicken to a cutting board. Using two forks, shred the chicken. Return it to the skillet. Bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Meanwhile, warm the tortillas using the package directions.
- Spoon the chicken down the center of each tortilla. Top with the tomato, avocado, and cheese. Fold the sides of the tortillas over the filling.