Cool Running with Couch to 5K
The mission of Couch to 5K is to transform you from couch potato to runner, getting you to begin running a 5K or 3.1 miles and on a regular basis in as little as two months.
The Couch to 5K plan is a great way for beginner runners to start running seriously. The program offers a hands on phone application that teaches the runner the best ways to start training for their first 5k with a complete workout regimen and training tips.
Couch to 5K provides its runners with a 9 week training schedule so you can see how you are progressing.
Once you have successfully completed your first 5k, Couch to 5K provides you with the Active.com 5k-to-10k application. You are guided along by the same trainers you know from Couch-to-5K and you can continue tracking pace and distance with GPS capability, listening to your own playlists, logging your workouts and more.
- Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes.
- Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then do two repetitions of the following:
- Jog 200 yards (or 90 seconds)
- Walk 200 yards (or 90 seconds)
- Jog 400 yards (or 3 minutes)
- Walk 400 yards (or three minutes)
For additional details on the Couch to 5K initiative or to become a part of this movement, click here: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml