If you are in need of a healthy, protein-packed breakfast, look no further. You don’t have to eat a boring bowl of oatmeal every morning, try this delicious oatmeal pancake recipe from The Girl Who Ate Everything.
- 2 cups quick oats (see Note for substitution)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2½ cups buttermilk (see Note for substitution)
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ⅓ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Combine oats, baking soda, and buttermilk. Let mixture stand for 5 minutes.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Add the oil and eggs to the oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the oat mixture and stir until blended.
- Cook on lightly greased griddle or skillet.
- Top with syrup, yogurt, fruit, applesauce, peanut butter, or jam.