Take the 60-Days to Better Health Challenge! Experts say it takes about 60 days to form a new habit. To assist, the Florida Department of Health has created a downloadable tool to help easily track daily healthy habits; something you and your family can use together.
This tool allows Floridians to track their progress and create long-term healthy habits related to the following recommendations:
• Eat your colors. MyPlate offers ideas and tips to help you create a healthier eating style that meets your individual needs and improves your health.
• Drink 8oz of water 8 times a day. Water is essential to good health. Water is your body’s principal chemical component and makes up about 60 percent of your body weight.
• Engage in 60 minutes of physical activity each day. Regular physical activity helps improve your overall health and fitness, and reduces your risk for many chronic diseases.
• Work on quitting tobacco. Tobacco Free Florida offers a number of free and convenient resources to help tobacco users quit. The Florida Quitline and Web Coach® are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
• De-stress. Using healthy ways to cope with stress and getting the right care can put problems in perspective and help stressful feelings and symptoms subside.