Father’s Day is an excellent opportunity to reduce your recreational screen time and spend quality time with family. Here are some fun ways you can celebrate the father figures in your life and connect on a more personal basis:
- Share His Hobby – Spend time on the boat, play a round of golf, or build a birdhouse! Whatever Dad’s favorite hobby might be, show him that you care by spending quality time together doing his favorite activity
- Learn Together – Dads are a great resource to learn something new! Ask him to teach you how to change a tire or do a magic trick. You could even visit a museum as a family and learn something together!
- #1 Fan – If Dad is interested in sports, attend a local sporting event instead of watching one on TV. You could also treat him to a round of golf, play basketball together, or challenge friends to a friendly game.
- Pamper – The spa treatment isn’t just for mom anymore! This Father’s Day, treat Dad to a MAN-icure or relaxing massage. Let him relax, unwind, and unplug. Even tough guys like to be pampered once in a while!
- Share a Story – Ask your Father or Grandfather to share his stories of growing up. Visit places together such as his old school, favorite restaurant, or vacation spot. Sharing stories is the perfect opportunity to learn about your own family history.
- Explore –Grab Dad for a day of adventure exploring all that southwest Florida has to offer in natural beauty! Kayak local waterways, take a walk in a nature preserve, park, or just relax at the beach. You can even ride an airboat ride around the Everglades!
- Volunteer –Spend quality time together giving back to your community. Find a project that is special to you both and donate your time and talents helping others.