- 1 teaspoon canola or corn oil
- 1 1/2 cups egg substitute
- 4 medium green onions, chopped
- 4 6-inch corn tortillas
- 1/4 cup picante sauce (lowest sodium available)
- 1 medium tomato, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup (about 2 ounces) shredded low-fat sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 medium lime, quartered
- In a medium nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat, swirling to coat the bottom.
- Cook the egg substitute and green onions for 1 minute, stirring constantly. (A rubber scraper works well for this.) Remove from the heat.
- Warm the tortillas using the package directions.
- Spoon the egg mixture over each tortilla.
- In the order listed, top each serving with the picante sauce, tomato, Cheddar, and cilantro. Let each person squeeze lime over his or her scramble. Serve open-face.