Summer, is an excellent time to reduce your recreational screen time and spend quality time with family. Here are some fun ways you connect on a more personal basis with your family:
- Share a Hobby – Spend time on the boat, play a round of golf, or build a birdhouse! Whatever one of your family member’s favorite hobby might be, show them that you care by spending quality time together.
- Learn Together – Parents are a great resource to learn something new! Ask them to teach you how to change a tire or do a magic trick. You could even visit a museum as a family and learn something together!
- #1 Fan – If someone is interested in sports, attend a local sporting event instead of watching one on TV. You could also treat your family to a round of golf, play basketball together, or challenge friends to a friendly game.
- Pamper – The spa treatment isn’t just for mom anymore! This summer, encourage the family to relax, unwind, and unplug. Go to a local park, pool or spa for a day of family relaxation.
- Share a Story – Ask your parents or children to share a story. Sharing stories is the perfect opportunity to learn about your own family history and what is going on in your children’s lives.
- Explore –Grab your family for a day of adventure exploring all thatSouthwestt Florida has to offer in its natural beauty! Kayak local waterways, take a walk in a nature preserve, park, or just relax at the beach. You can even ride an airboat ride around the Everglades! Click here for links to some of Lee County’s most popular parks, offering everything from waterways to challenging trails for fitness and fun!
- Volunteer –Spend quality time together giving back to your community. Find a project that is special to you and your family, and donate your time and talents helping others.